Australia Day 2018
Celebrate Australia Day with a free Aussie Day Outback Sundowner at Karratha Leisureplex oval from 5pm, with fireworks at 7.30pm!
Aussie Day Outback Sundowner activities will take place at the Karratha Leisureplex Oval on Friday 26 January 2018 from 5pm.
- Shattered Silence monster truck is set to perform two shows on the oval, jumping over sets of cars, with the first show scheduled for 5.30pm and a second demonstration at 6.45pm (subject to change). Drivers will also be available for a meet and greet and autographs at the Youth Services marquee.
- Activities include; a zinc face painting competition, a youth chill out zone, oversized games of croquet and Connect4, and more!
- A BBQ Competition will kick off around 7pm with entrants chosen on the night
- Food options will include a sausage sizzle fundraiser by the Dampier Volunteer Fire and Rescue, the Great Aussie Bakery by Bushlolly, NW Coffee, Yo-Get-It, and Dee Cee’s Ice Cream, or you’re welcome to BYO picnic
- A firework display will commence at 7.30pm from the Leisureplex Oval. The best viewing points this year will be from the oval. Pet owners in the area are advised to keep their animals somewhere safe and secure with their registration, ID tags, and contact details.
- Traffic management will be in place along the verges at Dampier Highway near the Leisureplex for safety reasons; please do not park on the highway to view the fireworks.