Residents and commercial customers can dispose of green waste year-round at the City's waste services facilities. See below fees and charges for commercial customers.
Pre-cyclone green waste collection
Residents receive free, annual green waste collection services to help you prepare your yard ahead of cyclone season.
Collection dates are staggered throughout each of our five towns in the lead up to cyclone season each year. Town/suburb specific dates are announced each August/September.
Preparing for your pre-cyclone season verge collection
- Place only green waste out for collection.
- Cut pieces shorter than 1.5m in length.
- Keep clear space between your collection pile and any fences, water meters, power poles, vehicles and trailers, letter boxes, Telstra pits, driveways and garden beds.
- Place green waste on your verge up to two weeks before your collection date.
- Do not include leaf litter and lawn clippings as part of these collections, as they may blow away and cause a litter problem.
- Ensure your collection pile follows these instructions, as items not meeting the criteria are not able to be collected.
For more information, call 08 9186 8555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org