The City of Karratha's Club Development Program helps local sporting clubs and associations continue to grow and develop.
Email - email@example.com for information on how the City can assist your club.
Club Development Incentive Scheme
The Club Development Incentive Scheme encourages sustainable club practices. It incentivizes businesses and funding bodies to consider a club's application for support, as well as provides a small monetary contribution to successful club applicants.
Presently the Scheme is resourced to provide five clubs with financial support, and the City aims to increase the support available.
The Scheme is open to clubs which meet set governance, management and administration criteria. Beyond financial support, successful applicants receive:
- certificate and supporting documentation to use when submitting funding applications and sponsorship proposals, which are valid for 12 months.
- automatic nomination into the Community Sports Awards Club of the Year award for the corresponding calendar year.
- up to $300 worth of City light tokens or court/oval fees to be used in a 12-month period.
- up to $300 to put towards conducting coaching or officiating courses in the City of Karratha in a 12-month period.
Read the Incentive Scheme Criteria and Information for Clubs/Associations for more information on the Scheme.
How can my club get involved?
First, check your club meets the scheme criteria. Once you're satisfied it does, contact our Club Development Officer and arrange a meeting to go through the checklist. Once your club satisfies all the incentive scheme criteria, you'll be issued with a certificate and supporting documentation.
Community Sports Awards
The annual City of Karratha Community Sports Awards acknowledge and celebrate the efforts and achievements of the City’s community sporting groups, recognising volunteers, players, officials and coaches.
Nominations are encouraged from all members of the community. Nominees receive a formal invitation to attend the Community Sports Awards event. Self-nominations are accepted.
Our 2023 winners were announced at an awards evening on Friday 27 October:
- Woodside Energy Junior Sportsman – Toby Fountain
- Rio Tinto Junior Sportswoman – Ariana Nuska
- Santos Sportswoman – Ashleigh Greenwell
- Pilbara Ports Authority Sportsman – Jordan Shand
- Sport & Rec WA Official – Nathaniel Kett
- Xtreme Sports Coach – Cassie Perry
- City of Karratha Inclusion Award – Tanya Watkins
- Woodside Energy Club – Karratha Country Club
- Rio Tinto Association – Karratha Basketball Association
- Powerlift Industries Volunteer – Sho-ella Tahi Tahi
Service to sport acknowledgements:
- Tammy Mertens
- Steve Cook
- Rod Nicholls
- Leslie Staker
- Mel Thompson
- Clint Rothe
Nominations for our 2024 awards will open in October.
For more information contact, Christy Reed
Phone: 08 9186 8573 or 0409 203 293
Club development workshops
The City offers a range of events and workshops to help support club development in the region.
Email Club Development Officer to be notified of scheduled events.
External funding opportunities
A variety of funding opportunities are available through various government and non-government entities.
Email our Club Development Officer or call 9186 8573 to discuss for which opportunities your club may be eligible.
Bucks for Bags fundraising program
The Bucks for Bags program enables local community and not-for-profit groups to conduct litter clean-ups throughout the City of Karratha and raise funds at the same time.
Ten dollars per full bag is reimbursed to groups, to a maximum of $2000 per clean-up